Salt and Pepper Italian Restaurant

Tonight we visited The Crescent Mall in Phu My Hung to check out what shops have opened.  Crescent isn’t “full” yet but there are some restaurants and cafes around already like Hoang Yen, Tokyo Deli, NYDC, Boomarang, Kobe,  Soho Cafe, L’amour, and That’s Cafe.

A new addition is Salt and Pepper Italian Restaurant that (softly) opened last February 10.  So from then till February 28, they’re offering 20% discount on food.

This restaurant offers pasta and main course meals like rib-eye steak and lamb chops.  We tried the Seafood Risotto and the Grilled Marinated Lamb Chops.

My lamb chops were well done and tasted really, really good with a hint of mint!  And I loved the creamy mashed potatoes!  The Risotto was delicious as well!  The price I think is just right, especially with the discount. 😀

S&P has two floors of dining area and they occupied the front of the restaurant as well.  They also serve wine and mocktails, so there were a lot of people just lounging by the couches.

The owner, Mr. Hien is one of the architects of Phu My Hung including The Crescent.  It was nice to talk to him and we found out that he has restaurants in Thailand as well.  He brought one of his head chefs, Junell, a Filipino. Incidentally, they are looking for additional cooks.

Back to my mini-review >> S and P is a must try.  I would definitely go back for those lamb chops or try the other food in the menu as well.

P.S. S&P is closed on Mondays.

This entry was posted in Exploring Saigon and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Salt and Pepper Italian Restaurant

1. stephen tan says:

hi tom,
    it would be most helpful if you could slot in the address of the place. thanks lots
    -stephen

2. Lyra says:

It’s at the Crescent in Phu My Hung District 7.

3. stanjb says:

thanks. Sorry, it’s Lyra, right?

4. Lyra says:

Yup, it’s Lyra. 🙂 No worries.

5. duyenhuynh says:

Dear Lyra !
    hi Lyra , i’m write from Salt & Pepper . We are thank you so much about the very good comment on this website , it would be most helpful with us . So we are invite u to come with us in some day . We invite you to try some new food we have in full Menu now . You can contact with the Mr Hiền by cell phone : 0903 949092 . or you can send sms for me by email : duyenhuynhsp@gmail.com to confirm , thanks so much 🙂
    Duyên

6. Pingback: Return to Salt and Pepper | Hello Saigon!

7. Alexis says:

I went there last february, the place is just … very nice. I tried many of their specialties and all were very good. Salt And Pepper is the place you have to go in Saigon if you want to enjoy good italian cuisine in a wonderful area.

Alexis. a_sallin@yahoo.fr

8. Lyra says:

Hi Alexis! Thanks for dropping by. Read also my additional post on Salt and Pepper: https://hello-saigon.com/2011/06/09/return-to-salt-and-pepper/. 🙂