Big thanks to HerDailyDigest for helping me find a new agent to assist me in finding a new apartment. I know a few too but it doesn’t hurt to meet new ones who can be a better fit.
With that said, the apartment hunting just began. And in not-so-good timing too as I’m about to pop! I don’t know what compelled me to go apartment hunting during this time! Well actually, I have some issues with my current landlord that I’m willing to overlook but would hope to be resolved VERY soon. Because honestly, our apartment is TERRIFIC!
Anyhoo, I’m really picky now, after 3 years of living in Vietnam.
1. I prefer the dining room not to be the first thing you see upon entering the apartment — which is kinda the norm in most apartments I’ve seen.
2. Not too fond of tubs but please, shower enclosures is needed for the common toilet!
3. I prefer kitchens to be at the back where guests can’t see what’s cooking but if not, at least the kitchen should be sectioned off. This one was at the back of the apartment — which is good ‘cept that the gas range is not well maintained.
4. I prefer wooden floors because I have a kid and another one on the way and wood don’t hurt much if they take a fall.
5. This is the laundry area. Look what’s missing? Yup, no laundry line!
Yes, I’m the renter from hell! LOL. No really, I can do without the wooden floors. These are just my preference. I can also do without a big refrigerator . I need a bigger space for the masters bedroom if I can only find a 2-bedroom apartment within my budget. But if I can find one with 3-bedrooms that will be super!
One more thing, I hate it when an agent shows me an apartment when the owner doesn’t want a FAMILY to rent his place! Would you believe I’ve seen one some 80 sqm + apartment and the owner only wants a single person to rent the whole place? What a waste of apartment space and my time for viewing it!
Hope to find an apartment soon!