As much as a I love celebrating my son’s 1st birthday, I’m really glad it’s over. I can now breathe a sigh of relief.
Finding a venue that would go with our chosen theme was the biggest hurdle. I initially wanted to go with Lego Brain in Grandview D (who by the way opened a second shop in Sky Garden 2). Yes, I still am quite sore with that. 😦 I just felt that it would have gone well with our Lego theme.
Anyway, moving on we finally decided on Domino’s Pizza. It had ample place on the first floor with the colors of blue and red that fit the Lego theme as well.
- Spoke with 2 different people on 2 different days before finally clinching the deal because different days, means different Managers or Supervisors.
- I wanted the party from 4:30 PM to 7 PM on a weekday to accommodate friends who’d be coming from work. They wanted us to start earlier because 6:30 PM is the start of their peak hours. So I just told them that if we’re still there at 6:30 PM and customers start coming in, they’re more than welcome to take our space. What happened was on the day, it rained (ALLELUIA!!! After weeks of no rain at all!) and deterred people from going to Domino’s. 😛
- I started ordering at 3 PM on the day and was told that they couldn’t serve till 6 PM! What?!? And they wanted us to scoot at 6:30 PM?!?! They said that they didn’t have enough people to man the kitchen (and literally, they were just like 3 in the kitchen). <insert roll eyes here> But in the end, they came through and served at 4:30 PM so I can’t complain anymore. I guess there was some misunderstanding somewhere.
- Five days before the party, they called up to confirm. I would have felt better if they drew up a written contract. They only took note of my party date and time and that was it.
- Hong Nhung, the Manager who handled my account, is very pleasant and really tried her best to accommodate all my requests. She allowed me to bring in a little more food that wasn’t in their menu like cake and our standard pancit (noodles for long life).
- There was always one or two Domino’s staff in our party area making sure all is well and they were always smiling.
- We cleaned our mess partly to help the staff and it was just so good to work with them because we didn’t hear any complaint.
Overall, I liked working with Domino’s Pizza. Best of all, it was right on the pocket. I ordered 10 sets of their family meal. If I could have done things differently, I would have asked our nanny to help communicate with the staff.